What's new

upgraded from rt-ac3200 to ac5300 with one issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DEAD AT BIRTH

New Around Here
I decided to give my brother my old router so he could have a router with a solid vpn built into it. I use Nord vpn and have been very pleased with the setup. I went over 90 days without a disconnect in fact. Life was good. I hooked up the rt-ac5300, flashed it with merlins latest firmware, installed the vpn, kill switch, etc. Everything works fine. I use kodi to watch tv and movies and if you are familiar with kodi it doesn't work too great unless you use websites that require you to pair with openload, vidup, etc. My problem is that when I pair with my laptop it is not sharing the same ip for some reason with my firestick. It used to pair fine but I am not sure why it isn't now. I may not be connected to the vpn on my firestick even though it is set to go through it like most of my devices. I hope someone can help......thanks.

I removed all the client list and then resaved them and my laptop goes through the vpn but my firestick shows my actual ip address from spectrum not the vpn ip..........head scratching.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!