What's new

Upgrading from the N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SuperTeeJay

Occasional Visitor
Hello folks,

I might be able to move to a 1Gbps connection within the next few months and I was wondering whether an Asus N66U would still cut the mustard? It's a very good router, but I can see from googling that some people have had limited bandwidth on such fast connections even when wired. The Netgear R7800 is being sold at Amazon UK today for a decent price - would that do a substantially better job?

Thanks.

I would suggest ASUS RT-AC68U - it has sweet deal now - Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War III is included
Even if you do no want the game (it's 59.99€) you can sell it to someone cheaper than it's official price and thus save some money on router.
I am getting my RT-AC68U today, i hope.

Last edited:
I would suggest ASUS RT-AC68U - it has sweet deal now - Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War III is included
Even if you do no want the game (it's 59.99€) you can sell it to someone cheaper than it's official price and thus save some money.
If you add a few bugs, you can get a AC87U with faster CPU and better WLAN range and performance: 4x 5 GHz and 3x 2.4 GHz transmitters. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies but I got a good deal on an Netgear R7800. I only wish I'd realised how large top end routers are these days.