What's new

UPS through passthru

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CheaterForLife

New Around Here
Is it OK to plug the UPS to a powerline adapter passthru, or it will beep? I have an UPS that will alert if it isn't connected to a wall outlet (like most UPSs I guess). I am looking for a powerline adapter "perfect" for me.

I have been searching for answer but cannot find it.

Is it OK to plug the UPS to a powerline adapter passthru, or it will beep? I have an UPS that will alert if it isn't connected to a wall outlet (like most UPSs I guess). I am looking for a powerline adapter "perfect" for me.

I have been searching for answer but cannot find it.

Power line adapter meaning IP over power wiring?

To get max speed, avoid plugging an IP over power wiring in to things that might attenuate RF signals, such as
  • Plug strips with surge suppressors or filters
  • Wall outlet that also has new TV, Stereo, etc which internally have surge suppressors and the like
  • Home wiring such that a lamp dimmer is a short wire run distance away (inside walls)

This is what I meant:
41aeBbMwYvL.jpg
1195445240416622736jean_victor_balin_arrow_blue_down.svg.med.png
3rd.jpeg

Probably only the fellas that have tried it can answer me.

By the way, does TL-WPA4220 block partially the other outlet of this type of wall sockets configuration
electricity-type-B-socket-218x300.jpg
?

Last edited:
I would not plug the UPS or anything that might have filtering that attenuates the signal - in the same outlet or plug strip or maybe even in an outlet on the same breaker but a few feet away.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!