What's new

Urgent help need R7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thegr8anand

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

Have been using Voxel .62 firmware and i had set it to reboot everyday 5am using kamoj's commands. Today when i woke my wifi was not working and on seeing the power led was amber (just permanent on, not blinking). I did factory resest and set it up again but everytime i reboot it crashes and power led is amber again. So i am stuck as i have to reset but same thing happens don't know what to do.

After another reset i upgraded the firmware to netgear .62 and was able to set it up and running for now.

I think the problem is occurring when power loss happens (switch off/electricity down) and then i have to hard reset and set up again. I am avoiding to test this by turning the switch off and confirm it as it is such a pain.

No experience with Netgear routers but I live out in the sticks and we do have the ocassional power outage, especially in the summer with the heavy thunderstorms that come through. I have my computer, modem, router, NAS, everything connected to a CyberPower 1500. Saves a lot of time and effort to reset everything.

If your having to reboot the router everyday, this means there is either a problem in your surroundings, Configuration or the router HW maybe bad. Routers shouldn't need to be rebooted everyday. If this is the case with yours then there is a problem else where that needs to be vetted out.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
What devices do you have connected to the router? Both wired and wireless.
How is the router placed? on a shelf or desk out in the open or in side a cabinet or something?
It should be out in the open.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is Smart Connect, Beamforming and MIMO enabled?

Set up the router and then do a Back up of the routers configuration to file. Test the router by switching OFF the router then back on. If the router fails to come back to ready, reset and load the saved configuration from file?

What browser are you using to load FW? Try IE11, FF or Opera next time.

Hi guys,

Have been using Voxel .62 firmware and i had set it to reboot everyday 5am using kamoj's commands. Today when i woke my wifi was not working and on seeing the power led was amber (just permanent on, not blinking). I did factory resest and set it up again but everytime i reboot it crashes and power led is amber again. So i am stuck as i have to reset but same thing happens don't know what to do.

Its running fine since upgrading to netgear .62 firmware and hopefully it won't happen again. And won't be using scheduled reboots.

Ok, post back if you notice something. I find it best to factory reset, load fw, factory reset and setup from scratch. After setting it up and getting it running well, do a backup of the configuration to file for safe keeping later on. Saves time if you have to do a factory reset at some point.
Its running fine since upgrading to netgear .62 firmware and hopefully it won't happen again. And won't be using scheduled reboots.