What's new

USB TETHER PROBLEMS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gbono2

New Around Here
I have an Asus RT-AC1750 router. I want to tether my android phone to the router to use my phone's data. I can not get the router to fully recognize the tethered phone to supply an internet connection. Can anyone offer me any help or suggestions to resolve this problem? Asus help is useless.

Enable tethering on the Android. Connect the phone to the router USB2 port. In the router: WAN/Dual WAN and change Primary WAN to USB then click Apply.

I have done all the items you mentioned. No success.

My router has 2 USB ports. Which one is the USB2 port? My USB ports on this router are stacked 1 on top of the other.

Thanks for the suggestions

My router has 2 USB ports. Which one is the USB2 port? My USB ports on this router are stacked 1 on top of the other.

USB3 usually has a blue insert. The RT-AC1750 _B1 has a port in the front, USB3, and one in the back next to the power switch, USB2.
Some Android phones are not supported. I had an old Samsung "J" series phone that tethered just fine.

USB3 usually has a blue insert. The RT-AC1750 _B1 has a port in the front, USB3, and one in the back next to the power switch, USB2.
Some Android phones are not supported. I had an old Samsung "J" series phone that tethered just fine.
My USB ports are both located in the rear next to the power switch. There is no USB port in the front.

If it's not supported, I might look at installing a different firmware in the hopes of getting it to work w/my newer android phone. Any suggestions on this topic?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!