What's new

Vendor-ID on WAN page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

goncalob

New Around Here
Hi Merlin,

First excellent firmware, thank you for all your work. I've been using it for quite a long time, but never thank you for it.

After all of this years using it, now I have a feature that I would like to see added on the GUI instead of doing it everytime I reboot my router. My ISP requires option 60 (Vendor-ID) to be sent on the DHCP request, so I would like to know if it's possible for it to be added on the WAN/Internet connection like you have the "Manual clientid (for some ISPs)"?

Thanks

Customizable user options for the dhcp client is something I want to take a look at someday, as quite a few ISPs need this (for now I only have hardcoded support for Sky in the UK), I just never got around to taking a look at it. It's currently a low priority compared to other things taking my time these days.

Hi Merlin,

The same is required by Swisscom (CH) - a specific vendor class ID (option 60) and additionally VLAN ID = 10 on WAN.
I see that "Manual clientid (for some ISPs)" is setting option 61 only. Is that right? Do you know the way to set option 60? VLAN ID I managed to set through init-start script using nvram set ...

Regards

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!