What's new

Verizon Mifi + DD-WRT + OpenVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dpslusser

Occasional Visitor
I have a DD-WRT tp-link router that I connect a Verizon MIFI 4620L to via an Access Point setup. The MIFI is wifi only. When I have this setup running the WAN IP shows up as a 192.168.10.2 ip. The MIFI has an ip of 10.1 and the router a 1.1

I have OpenVPN running on the router. I have port forwarding running on the mifi to open 1194 to 192.168.1.1

The client connecting to the vpn is addressed to the WAN IP of the mifi. I no its not a static but if I don't reset the power of the mifi the ip stays the same.

My problem....it doesn't work.

I have Vpn passthrough turned on in the mifi. I'm not sure if the mifi is fowarding the port. I'm also not sure if having the router setup to access the mifi as an Access Point is helping either. And Dhcp is turned on on both the router and mifi.

*EDIT 1*
O, also. I've tried installing the acm.o driver to use the mifi as a usb modem. But can't get it to install. Was thinking that plugging it in via USB would provide the router with a WAN IP that matches the public from the mifi.

Last edited:
O, also. I've tried installing the acm.o driver to use the mifi as a usb modem. But can't get it to install. Was thinking that plugging it in via USB would provide the router with a WAN IP that matches the public from the mifi.

I tried setting up the VPN router in my house instead of using the MIFI. I connected the VPN router as a client to my Home Router. Fowarded the port 1194 to the VPN Router IP. Still no success.

Here is the flow of IP's

Modem Public IP = 72.177.245.23
Home Router Static = 192.168.1.1
VPN Router is obtaining a DHCP'd IP from Home Router = 192.168.1.22
VPN Router's static IP is 192.168.10.1

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!