What's new

Vlan Switch Advice

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Linksys is good too as they're owned by cisco. You can also go for 2nd hand enterprise.
Linksys is NOT owned by Cisco. They were sold off to Belkin.
Still nice products though.

The SG300 series -- if they don't do POE, they are fanless. The 10-port POE version is fanless as well since the power supply is an external brick.

Just checked - SG300-10 (all versions), SG300-20 and SG300-28 are fanless. My SG300-28P has two fans but they seem to throttle base on load. I have 1 WAP and 9 IP cameras and the load is currently 74W and the fans are silent since the switch is in a vented closet.

I vote SG300 switch also. Great switch for the money. There are plenty of used ones around half price.

Well after really thinking about it i went with the Linksys LGS308. Since I'm going to need POE down the road to add some IP camera thought this would be good. We will see how it goes in a couple days when i have a chance to configure the vlans for my lab.

thank you all for the help and advice. You guys are a great group of NERDs! lol.. have a good day. Keep you guys posted on how this switch works.

Well after really thinking about it i went with the Linksys LGS308. Since I'm going to need POE down the road to add some IP camera thought this would be good. We will see how it goes in a couple days when i have a chance to configure the vlans for my lab.

thank you all for the help and advice. You guys are a great group of NERDs! lol.. have a good day. Keep you guys posted on how this switch works.
Did you get the LGS 308p or just the vanilla LGS 308?
The model with p at the end is the POE unit.

I'm also considering the LGS308. How loud is the fan(s)?
Also considering the Netgear GS108T-200NAS and the TP-SG2008. The GS108T has limited security features, and the SG2008 apparently has security flaws.

I'm also considering the LGS308. How loud is the fan(s)?
Also considering the Netgear GS108T-200NAS and the TP-SG2008. The GS108T has limited security features, and the SG2008 apparently has security flaws.
Linksys confirmed that the LGS308 as NO fan. Nice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!