What's new

VoIP or Jabber with OBi202 kill all other connections on my RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarvinAndro

Occasional Visitor
I've made quite a few changes to my home setup last weekend and I'm not sure where to start debugging the issue in the title, so hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Setup/changes:
* Switched to cable on the Rogers 250/20M plan and with that said goodbye not only to Bell's ADSL but also to my land line (couldn't swallow the $10/m dryloop fee);
* Rogers router is now in bridge mode and RT-AC68U with Merlin 380.61 is what connects some 40+ devices - from laptops and tablets, to Nest, to AVR and TV, to you-name-it IoT gadget I somehow got;
* Purchased an OBi202 with the WiFi dongle (wanted to move the phone to another floor with base connected directly to the OBi202; yes I can buy a DECT6 phone with handsets) to replace my old friend, the Cisco SPA2102 ATA; not that it didn't work anymore but I wanted to get free outgoing calls via Google Voice; I'm still keeping my VoIP.ms account (which I mainly use for calling EU); both VoIP.ms and GVoice are not setup on the OBi202.

Everything seems to work fine, streaming, Skype-ing, video calls via Duo, voice and video on Hangouts until I make or get a phone call, either via VoIP.ms line or GVoice. Some 1-2 seconds after I pick up the phone's handset, before I could say Hello, the browser pointing to the RT-AC68U freezes, Skype disconnects on the other laptop, Netflix stops on the TV, etc. It's like the OBi202 DDoS-ed the rest of my network somehow, in the name of providing me with a very good phone call quality both via SIP and Jabber.

Where do I start, especially when even an ssh session to the router stops a second after I lift up the receiver?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help fix this or at least have fun debugging it.
Marv