What's new

VPN and Bridging Asus RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sephiclo

Occasional Visitor
Hello there,

On the RT N-66U with tomato shibby 1.28 firmware, I'm having a problem which I'd love some extra help with if possible. I'm not technically advanced when it comes to networking vpn routers, please explain any steps and bear that in mind when answering.

I have currently 2 bridges which I use for wifi, the 2.4 ghz wifi radio is on BR1 (and no password, for guest) whilst the 5ghz is locked and is on BR0. For bandwidth management purposes, and because it kind of makes me feel safe that my devices in BR0 can't be contacted by the BR1 guest devices; I'd like to keep the bridge structure.

I have tried adding openVPN to my network, because ... you know... Obama... and convenience, but as soon as I configure the client part of my router under "OpenVPN Client" and clicked "Start", everything at first seems to be working correctly. The devices on BR0 work fine, including the wired pc, and wifi devices, but as soon as I do, the internet for all devices on BR1 stop working. Could anyone please help with this? I'm not really caring if the guests are behind the vpn or not, just that the net works for them as well. Thank you.