What's new

VPN for iOS clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bheiser1

Occasional Visitor
So I don't mean to monopolize the forum with my questions :) but I do have another one...

OpenVPN looks like a good solution for Mac and PC clients. However that still leaves iOS devices unprotected. Apparently there are OpenVPN solutions for iOS but only if the device is Jailbroken.

iOS has three VPN options: L2TP, PPTP, IPSec

I see Asuswrt excludes support for L2TP. It supports PPTP but PPTP is known to be insecure. That leaves IPSec (?).

Is there any hope for support for iOS VPN clients other than PPTP?

Is there any hope for support for iOS VPN clients other than PPTP?

If you're aiming at the best VPN solution on the market "openVPN" the short answer is: "not a chance" at least not without hacking the OS.

The reason why not is explained in the end-user license agreement you make with apple. Shortly translated into simple English: "Neither end-users nor 3rd party software producers have any rights at all and everything will be controlled by apple who is the sole owner of all apple products"

If you think after paying 600 USD for your iPhone it's your property, that's wrong. It is and will remain apple property forever. You only buy the license to borrow it for life. But if you borrow something, legally that's completely different then owning something. If you own it, you can use it as you please. If you borrow it, you can not alter it without the owners consent.

And this is the main problem every single apple device user on the planet is facing, with 99,999% of them too blind to recognize they have been robbed by the apple company :(

Sadly I'm one of them being robbed over 6000EUR by the apple company before I found out every single product I bought from them, i only borrowed, but not own :(

Thus, without using illegal paths to hack their property, you're stuck and can't use anything else then what the gods approve.