What's new

VPN setup help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tigreseis

Occasional Visitor
Is there a post or write up on seting up a VPN for the 86u? I searched and went through 5 pages, but couldn’t find anything. I’ve never done it before. If you can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Is there a post or write up on seting up a VPN for the 86u? I searched and went through 5 pages, but couldn’t find anything. I’ve never done it before. If you can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Hi buddy , first of all do you want client, server or both. Also you will need to either need to register to get a free provider or pay a subscription, I use NordVPN and find them very good, I got a 3 yr deal it has many servers around the world to connect to. I am using a RT AC88U but can maybe help with setting up yours through screen shots. I would say it’s not too difficult, just need a few settings in the right place.

1. Are you using Merlin or Asus original firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote these guides based on the 384.4 release. There are some minor updates to the client and server on release 384.5. On my to-do list to update the guide for the 384.5 release. But it should get you started.

Client: https://x3mtek.com/torguard-openvpn-2-4-client-setup-for-asuswrt-merlin-firmware/

Server: https://x3mtek.com/openvpn-server-setup-instructions-for-asuswrt-merlin/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!