What's new

WAN LAG on GT AX11000 creates channel bond - but kills internet access Merlin 386.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

slongmire

New Around Here
MB8600 on Comcast with latest firmware. CAT-8 matched cables connected to ports 1,2 LAG enabled.
GT-AX10000 - Merlin 386.2 running stable & well UNTIL --- I tried to activate the WAN aggregation on the router and plug in the second CAT-8 to port 4 - then the router dashboard shows NO INTERNET CONNECTION. repower both devices - same result. The LAN light on the MB8600 shows blue rather than green - so the link is established, but the AX11000 is not getting an ip address from the MB8600 as long as wan aggregation is enabled on the router. Disconnecting one CAT-8 cable does NOT solve the issue. Disconnecting one Cat-8 cable PLUS disabling WAN Aggregation on Router does solve problem.

There is a thread about this same issue with multiple cable modems and the AX11000 on the ASUS ROG forums with no solution thus far (Threads from 3/26/21).

Oh - my xfinity package is 1.2G down 40 M up. My LAN has around 30 devices connected via wifi and wired connections (cameras, streaming boxes, pc's).

I am posting praying that some clever genius out there has fixed this - I feel like I bought a Ferrari with a yugo engine in it! (the AX11000, which replaced a dying AC5300):confused:

THANKS all!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!