What's new

Wanted: Beta testers for Domotz home network monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLostSwede

Very Senior Member
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in or not, but please feel free to move this post to the correct forum if it's not.

I work for a company called Domotz and we're looking for beta testers for our new home network monitoring tool. It’ll allow you to keep a closer eye on the devices on your network, get notifications when a device leaves or joins the network, as well as give you remote access to devices with a web based UI and much more.

The beta will be limited to Netgear ReadyNAS, QNAP or Synology NASes, or a Raspberry Pi, but we're looking at expanding support to other platforms in the future. You'll also need a mobile device running either Android or iOS.

For more details about this beta and how to sign up, please have a look at http://www.domotz.com/join-the-network- ... beta-test/

I have a raspberry pi 2, multiple androids (including developer) and although it looks interesting i am worried about the privacy part of it. What i dont understand is what features does it offer exactly.
Could you expand on what does it monitor on devices? Whenever a device joins or leaves the network my router already logs it and can notify me via email or sms if i set it to so what does it monitor on those devices?

Is the device a physical device? Some sort of router? Some sort of addition(not gateway) to the network that monitors both layer 2 and layer 3? Is the web UI not from the device itself?

i have a very complicated network with a lot of devices consisting of servers, desktops, laptops, mini servers/APs (ARM based boards and routers), networking gear, etc.

Last edited:
I take it that this is SW agent based...

How does this Domotz differ from tools like Spiceworks or Xymon?

I actually did sign up but it seems like their project is going nowhere. Have not even gotten a reply yet. However my router does the monitoring and control job way better.

Apologies for missing the post here.

Let's see what I can reply to, as it's still early days, hence why we're looking for testers.

The agent is software based for now and you'll need a NAS or a Raspberry Pi to run it on. We have apps for iOS and Android that allows you to see the devices on your network, set up notifications and even control some devices, like WeMo switches. You can also remote connect to say your NAS or router using the apps.
Feature wise things are still quite limited, but we're working on adding more functionality.

This is very much a consumer/end user type product rather than something meant to monitor servers or large corporate networks.

We've been sending out invites to a survey over the past two weeks, so if you haven't got it, please check your spam folder. If you can't find the email, please PM me.

Apologies for missing the post here.

Let's see what I can reply to, as it's still early days, hence why we're looking for testers.

The agent is software based for now and you'll need a NAS or a Raspberry Pi to run it on. We have apps for iOS and Android that allows you to see the devices on your network, set up notifications and even control some devices, like WeMo switches. You can also remote connect to say your NAS or router using the apps.
Feature wise things are still quite limited, but we're working on adding more functionality.

This is very much a consumer/end user type product rather than something meant to monitor servers or large corporate networks.

We've been sending out invites to a survey over the past two weeks, so if you haven't got it, please check your spam folder. If you can't find the email, please PM me.
I see the email. I am a developer so if you need help dont be hesitated to hire me.

Ok, that's good news then.

We did have some openings, but they've all been filled recently. That said, let's see your feedback once the beta starts, as good developers don't grow on trees.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!