What's new

Was I Compromised?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sol1109

Regular Contributor
A couple of weeks ago I activated and played around with the FTP settings on my AC68U but never really finished experimenting. Today when I logged into the router I noticed on the "network map" page my DDNS setting was not what I had set it to but matched an FTP address I also found on the AIDisk Wizard. I do not recall using this address while experimenting. I disconnected the router from the internet and reloaded an archived configuration. Also on my WAN-DDNS page the host name was blank and in yellow it said the router was using a private WAN IP address (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x). along with this router may be in the multiple NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment.

Attached are photos of what I saw. Am I compromised or were these changes just a result of playing with FTP?

20150330_101837.jpg 20150330_102357.jpg

Just not to take any risk, reset it, re-flash the router with a fresh firmware and start from there. :)

If you are running the latest FW it's a bug. You can test it for yourself. Set you DDNS hostname to what you would like it to be. Go to the Administrators page and save your router configuration to a file. Go back and you will see the hostname field is incorrect. You just need to set it back to what you want it to be.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!