What's new

WD My Cloud and 2 Asus AC68U routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sunny Unni

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,

I hope this is the right forum for this post since it involves my Wd Mycloud NAS drive.
Following is my Setup:

1) Ac68u (Living Room) to which the MyCloud is connected. Im able to access the MyCloud drive wirelessly through my macbook, phones etc.

2) Ac68u (bedroom) connected via Lan cable to the other Ac68u in the living room. This is done since I get very low signal from my living room router.

3) I have xtreamer media player connected to both routers Living Room and Bedroom via wifi from their respective routers.

My requirement:
I want to access the MyCloud in the bedroom and use it as a nas drive for my xtreamer in the bedroom but im unable to connect through my living room since it (Xtreamer) does not get the signal.

Is there anyway to connect to the My Cloud via the bedroom router which is connected via LAN to the living room router and thats where the My cloud is connected.

Sorry if my explanation was a bit confusing.

Any help?

Thanks

Sunny

put the NAS adjacent to the main WiFi router.
To improve coverage, use an Access Point, or a WiFi router configured to BE an Access point. Don't cascade routers per se, creating two different subnets.