What's new

Websites won't load

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sittingduck

New Around Here
In order to take advantage of SMB2, I upgraded to the latest version of Merlin (380.68_4) on my AC-68U. However, after upgrading I couldn't access some of my regular websites while I could access others just fine. I wasn't able to troubleshoot it, so I flashed back to the original FW with everything working fine again. However, I would still like to run Merlin. Am I missing something obvious that is not in the readme? Thanks.

I did not, seeing as the instructions says that that is unnecessary (I was coming from the latest official FW and could do without setting everything up again and being unsure if I could restore original settings into new merlin fw). But I'll give it a shot.

I did not, seeing as the instructions says that that is unnecessary (I was coming from the latest official FW and could do without setting everything up again and being unsure if I could restore original settings into new merlin fw). But I'll give it a shot.
If you switched from stock Asus firmware to Asuswrt-Merlin a factory default reset is necessary.
Just so you know: Restoring settings from a file defeats a factory default reset.

I just do it as a part of the process now. I find it saves troubleshooting. I just have screenshots of any settings I want to keep.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I just do it as a part of the process now. I find it saves troubleshooting. I just have screenshots of any settings I want to keep.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
If you experience strange behavior after an update, the first troubleshooting step one should do is a factory default reset.
If the behavior is still present, then maybe it is a real problem.

Thanks. Resetting solved it. I misunderstood the readme about not needing to reset - that must have referrede to when upgrading from a previous Merlin version. Thanks again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!