What's new

Weird problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stephen

Occasional Visitor
Router- AC3200 with ASUS firmware. Internet ISP - Comcast. Network adapter - Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection.

Several weeks ago I tried to enable ivp6 on my router settings. As soon as I tried, I lost internet and the router website froze. I turned off the computer, rebooted, no internet and no router access. I rebooted the router. Didn't help. I did a factory reset of the router, then rebooted it and then rebooted the computer, and was then able to get into the internet.

Since then, about half the time when I turn on the computer there isn't any wired access to the internet. I have to go into the device manager, open the network settings, and check the adapter for hardware changes. Doing that check then fixes the connectivity. I updated the drivers for the adapter - didn't help.

Is this something with the router? Is it something with the adapter? Is it entirely a coincidence that it happened when I was trying to enable ivp6?

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Intel adapters even wifi sometimes have issues where disabling and reenabling the NIC solves it.

You could disable ipv6 on the adapter and also change the advanced settings.

Im not exactly sure, you'll have to fiddle around till it works. The ones you dont need to change is the mac address.

You could also try reinstalling the NIC too. If none of those work it means that some of your windows settings might be screwed such as the plug and play services or perhaps some network related services.

One thing i noticed is that intel wifi NICs like to keep their old connection when you hibernate or sleep.

I disabled and then re-enabled ipv6 in the adapter settings - and so far everything is fine. If it has a problem again, I'll try leaving it disabled. If that doesn't work, then I will start fiddling..... Thanks!!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!