What's new

What Laptops Does the Intel AX200 work in?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Note that there are two different cards within the AX200 WIFi6 family of cards.

Both are the same form factor M.2 2230/1216

AX200NGW - Cyclone Peak
AX201NGW - Harrison Peak (CNVio)

You can forget about adding it to pretty much any Lenovo laptop. They use whitelists to allow only specific cards. I contacted them about my Thinkpad Yoga 15, and basically confirmed that even in 2019 they are still whitelisting cards in the BIIOS.

You can forget about adding it to pretty much any Lenovo laptop. They use whitelists to allow only specific cards. I contacted them about my Thinkpad Yoga 15, and basically confirmed that even in 2019 they are still whitelisting cards in the BIIOS.

Depends on the laptop, specifically. I have updated a few Lenovo laptops with newer WiFi cards. How old is your Yoga 15? The oldest Lenovo I updated the WiFi on was about 4 years ago.

Some of the OEM's have a very conservative interpretation of FCC rules regarding certification - even if the modules themselves may be certified by the module vendor, the OEM still has to certify the final configuration in the device. Hence the BIOS lock.

Doubly so if the OEM offers 3G/4G options...

https://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/p...09/ModularTransmittersReview_ Oct09_JD_TH.pdf

since Industry Canada follows FCC rules very closely...

Guys, info about what DOES work, please.

If you're looking for an add-in card - in a laptop, options are going to be limited (see FCC notes above) - perhaps some of the Tier 2 brands (like Asus/Acer) might be more open to dropping a card in.

Or a PCI-e Adapter Board for a desktop that doesn't have WiFi in the first place.

Depends on the laptop, specifically. I have updated a few Lenovo laptops with newer WiFi cards. How old is your Yoga 15? The oldest Lenovo I updated the WiFi on was about 4 years ago.

Fifth gen i5, so probably around 4 years old.

Fifth gen i5, so probably around 4 years old.

In your position, I may very well just take a chance and gamble on a $20 part. :)

Support isn't always as knowledgable as we expect them to be. :)

Dell XPS13 9350 Windows home. Monitor mode not supported for Wireshark, but functions fine otherwise at both 80 and 160 MHz bandwidth on 5 GHz.