What's new

Where to connect the ethernet cable from switch to ZenWiFi XT8 in AP mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bokolobs

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked before. But I'm confused with the resources available on the Asus website. I just switched my Asus ZenWiFi XT8 mesh pair to AP mode. Where do I connect the ethernet cable coming from my switch to back of the main XT8 node? Do I connect it to its WAN port? Or should it be connected to one of the LAN ports? I know that the satellite/mesh node should be connected via the WAN port. Please help. Thanks!!!

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked before. But I'm confused with the resources available on the Asus website. I just switched my Asus ZenWiFi XT8 mesh pair to AP mode. Where do I connect the ethernet cable coming from my switch to back of the main XT8 node? Do I connect it to its WAN port? Or should it be connected to one of the LAN ports? I know that the satellite/mesh node should be connected via the WAN port. Please help. Thanks!!!
WAN port

If you were having issues with AiMesh make sure that there are no switches between the router and node.

WAN port

If you were having issues with AiMesh make sure that there are no switches between the router and node.
I connected th main node via the WAN port and it's working now. But it's connected to my main switch. Same goes to the mesh node. My network is ISP modem in bridge mode -> mini PC router -> unmanaged switch -> main and mesh AiMesh nodes in AP mode. I got confused by this page where the main node is connected via a LAN port instead of the WAN port:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044151/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!