What's new

Which Antenna ports serve which bands on GT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FJRider

New Around Here
Guys I have a GT-AC5300 and I have been trying to use the smart connect but am fighting a problem that part of the house has a very low signal. I may just have a bad 2.4 gig radio as my 3200 has great signal. I am trying to use the smart connect as my 77 year old father in law and 74 year old mother in law are on it and are both from Vietnam so I need to router to do the work. My question is does anyone know of a way to find out which of the 8 antennas are used for the 2.4 Gig band. If I can find that out then I can put a couple of high gain antennas in the right place and should have good coverage in the whole house.

*Edit* just noticed that Tim covers this at the bottom of the first page of his GT-AC5300 review.

The Test Report document filed with the FCC has the following diagram which appears to show that the four antennas in the front are dual-band while the four closest to the rear are 5GHz only.

I believe that this is supported by the fact that internal photos with the heatsinks and cans removed show eight sets of front-ends co-mingled towards the front then another set of four in the back. I don't think that both groups of 5GHz front-ends would be placed together.

GT-AC5300_Antennas.png

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!