What's new

Which firmware are you running on the AC88U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

J.T

Occasional Visitor
I wondering which versions you guys are using on it.

It seems that I have currently the stock 2345 driver on my Router. Do you know if that one could be altered with a script or so to boost the wi-fi signal?

I have been doing some reading the last few days and so far people report issues with the last official firmware (3941), the 3341 version as well. A variation of issues from dropping 5ghz-signals, complete signal, issues with connecting to networkshares, portforwarding or even wifi-clients (smartphones/printers) and the list goes on and one.

I found even a topic that people went back to the stock firmware (2345). On the Merlin-firmware I read different things. Some people say that the 358.61 is stable, others say it causes issues with the wi-fi and even connection drop outs.

I am kinda uncertain wich firmware to flash now on the AC88u. I might use this wisedom : If it ain't broken, don't fix it. I noticed some security-patches after the 2345 firmware, but most of them are man in the middle-attacks / attacks where the bad-guy needs to be on my network first to apply it. And to be fair, where I live, I don't expect to see Mr.Robot sitting infront of my house doing his magic.

Last edited:
I am afraid you will get all sorts of reports with any "latest" firmware suggesting to keep the previous one. This is happening at every new release.

I am on the latest version 3941 and I have no issue whatsoever. The only way to know for you is to test it at your place.

The usual precaution should be taken, if you have issues with the latest firmware after the upgrade, fully reset the router and re-configure it manually (i.e. do not restore any previous backup of settings).

I am afraid you will get all sorts of reports with any "latest" firmware suggesting to keep the previous one. This is happening at every new release.

I am on the latest version 3941 and I have no issue whatsoever. The only way to know for you is to test it at your place.

The usual precaution should be taken, if you have issues with the latest firmware after the upgrade, fully reset the router and re-configure it manually (i.e. do not restore any previous backup of settings).

I am using Merlin .61 on my 88U, no issues. I dirty flashed over Merlin .58

I am afraid you will get all sorts of reports with any "latest" firmware suggesting to keep the previous one. This is happening at every new release. .
What he said..

I'm still on 2345 myself, because of my laziness... it's been surprisingly stable.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!