What's new

Which Routers Support Traffic Analyzer?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

superheroboy

New Around Here
I'm getting messages of going over my Comcast data cap, though I can't figure out what's using so much data. I bought a new RT-AX1800S hoping it would have the Data Analyzer functionality, but I don't see it even after updating to the latest firmware. So I guess I have two questions:

1. Does this model actually have Data Analyzer and if it does, how do I get the menu option to show up?
2. If it doesn't support Data Analyzer, which models do? I don't need anything fancy, just the ability to see which devices are using my bandwidth.

I'm getting messages of going over my Comcast data cap, though I can't figure out what's using so much data. I bought a new RT-AX1800S hoping it would have the Data Analyzer functionality, but I don't see it even after updating to the latest firmware. So I guess I have two questions:

1. Does this model actually have Data Analyzer and if it does, how do I get the menu option to show up?
2. If it doesn't support Data Analyzer, which models do? I don't need anything fancy, just the ability to see which devices are using my bandwidth.

Not familiar with that model but I thought they all had it. In order to turn it on you have to agree to Trend Micro's terms, maybe it doesn't show up until you've done that? I believe on some newer firmware it is called "Traffic Manager" now instead of "Traffic Analyzer".

You can also go look at active connections and see if something is there that you don't expect, that's a bit harder though.

Given the recent stories of vulnerabilities and peoples routers being used as proxies etc I'd be looking for symptoms of that right now as that could certainly generate a whole lot of unexpected traffic.

See this thread for one example

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!