What's new

"Why High Power Routers Don't Improve Range"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

azazel1024:

Do you prefer a particular brand or vendor for the antennas?

I haven't really tried much. The antennas that came with my TP-Link WDR3600 seem to work very well and are very well made. TP-Link does sell 5 and 8dBi omni antennas.

The 7dBi antennas I got were from SuperPowerSupply (Amazon and Ebay) and they seem to work pretty well also. I have seen some comments on Amazon about issues with them, they seem to be more shipping related issues more than anything (or people expecting MASSIVE changes by putting 6dBi antennas on their router that probably shipped with 5dBi antennas). The two antennas were basically thrown in a plastic shipping bag and sent out. No padding, hard box or anything. Would have been nice to use a modestly stiff cardboard box and stuck that in the shipping bag to provide minimal protection. Based on comments, they seeeeeem to be decent about shipping replacements if they get damaged in shipping, but no experience on that end of things.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!