What's new

Why was my ac86u unresponsive?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

badbob001

Occasional Visitor
I noticed that my internet connectivity was slower or inconsistent and so I went to login to the web portal of my ac86u and it takes at least ten minutes to get to the login screen and was stuck waiting after that. I tried ssh instead and it also took a very long time but it eventually got me to a prompt. I managed to run 'top' and grabbed the following screenshot.
49105158038_f42bda8fe9_o.png

Does anyone see what could be wrong? Is my CPU pegged because I see SYS at 66.8% and 32.7% for IO. This is my internet router and I have AiProtection and Traffic Analyzer running.

I tried a reboot command and it was ignored after many minutes. I ended up having to manually power cycle the router.

Are you using amtm and/or Diversion (with large list) and/or the Skynet scripts? You may want to turn off AiProtection then or use a smaller list. ;)

I think people have similar problems caused by AiProtection. I suspect it's something to do with attempting to download signature updates, but I could be wrong about that.

Are you using amtm and/or Diversion (with large list) and/or the Skynet scripts? You may want to turn off AiProtection then or use a smaller list. ;)
The only thing on that list would be AiProtection. I'm not using any scripts. Not sure if it would help, but I've just disable Parental Controls. I could give up Traffic Analyzer, but I think definitely need Network Protection.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!