What's new

Wifi disconnects ac3200 without smart connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

netmik3

Anyone else get wifi restarting almost hourly on the ac3200? I always had smart connect off. When it happens I reconnect almost instantly but you can see the log fill up with dhcp requests so it's all my clients.

I think this happens right before and makes the radios reset? Really sucks in the middle of an ssh session.

Mar 26 22:18:27 kernel: br0: received packet on wl1.1 with own address as source address
Mar 26 22:18:27 kernel: br0: received packet on wl0.1 with own address as source address

Seems to be wpa2 key rotation

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ac3200-firmware-official-releases.23211/page-2

Last edited:
Anyone else get wifi restarting almost hourly on the ac3200? I always had smart connect off. When it happens I reconnect almost instantly but you can see the log fill up with dhcp requests so it's all my clients.

I think this happens right before and makes the radios reset? Really sucks in the middle of an ssh session.

Mar 26 22:18:27 kernel: br0: received packet on wl1.1 with own address as source address
Mar 26 22:18:27 kernel: br0: received packet on wl0.1 with own address as source address

Seems to be wpa key rotation

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ac3200-firmware-official-releases.23211/page-2

This blows, I rotate my keys every ten minutes for security. Though it's been at 1 hour since I've tried factory reset and left most settings.
How do you set it up to rotate keys ?

Bottom of wireless. Not the type of rotation you're thinking though. They're session keys not the actual master key.

Bottom of wireless. Not the type of rotation you're thinking though. They're session keys not the actual master key.
how do you set that up ?

there s no key rotation in wpa pers , that's why it should be set to 0 for no more dis-connects

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!