What's new

Wifi Extender for 1900AC AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whsbuss

I have an Asus RT-AC68U router in my 2nd floor office, center of house. In the 1st for family room I get just an OK signal and TX rate around 240mbps. On the 2nd flr. I can get almost 800 mbps and I need a recommendation for an wifi extender to improve the 1st floor rate.

I use one SSID for both bands. And the extender would be located about 25 ft from the main router but thru a few walls. Any suggestions?

If you can hardwire that extender (AP), do so. Otherwise, the throughput penalty you will get by using it in extender/repeater mode will get you very close to what you're getting already.

Does moving the antennae or location/orientation of the main router help for the family room connections? Can you move the 'AC68U to a non-centered location, but a better overall location for the devices and locations you mostly use them in?

What kind of SqFt are we dealing with here? And what is the construction of the walls/floors?

In WiFi - location matters -as @L&LD suggests - if you can't get a good spot with the primary, then wiring up a secondary AP is the best approach...