What's new

will you bring the waterproof case to protect your phone when under the sea?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bigdeal

Occasional Visitor
I have question that do your guys love water sport like swimming, diving and any other else? and when you are doing these sports, will you bring your device together? for example, when you are swimming under the sea but you want to take a photo, you will control yourself or you will bring the device together under the water via the waterproof bag to protect the device.

Doing 'waterproof' is expensive and never foolproof either.

If you have money to burn, see how long your luck holds underwater. :)

Waterproof gear has a rated maximum depth. It's typically rated to handle a bath or a pool, not deep sea diving.

Waterproof gear has a rated maximum depth. It's typically rated to handle a bath or a pool, not deep sea diving.
yeah, it's true that it has rated maximum depth. but i think it has case for diving however it need a reliable brand/product and it is also an adventure.

Doing 'waterproof' is expensive and never foolproof either.

If you have money to burn, see how long your luck holds underwater. :)
no, the waterproof case is cheap because i had used one before and pay $5.99 only to get it and it's useful. but i want to dive deep and i'm afraid the pressure under water will influence the waterproof case and make it wet.

no, the waterproof case is cheap because i had used one before and pay $5.99 only to get it and it's useful. but i want to dive deep and i'm afraid the pressure under water will influence the waterproof case and make it wet.

Waterproof and cheap do not belong in the same sentence. :)

How much does the equipment you want to protect cost? Do you really think that a $5.99 case will do the job?

How deep will you be using it (willingly or unwillingly)? And is it a fresh water case or also salt water proof too?

How much does the equipment you want to protect cost? Do you really think that a $5.99 case will do the job?

How deep will you be using it (willingly or unwillingly)? And is it a fresh water case or also salt water proof too?

i found the waterproof case on a deal site. by using the coupon code (CGIO3T55 - i go find it out) and paid only $5.99. the site shows it can up to 100 feet (30 meters) for its IPX8 Certified, but i'm a little worry so i think i will try first with a cheaper phone to test.

i found the waterproof case on a deal site. by using the coupon code (CGIO3T55 - i go find it out) and paid only $5.99. the site shows it can up to 100 feet (30 meters) for its IPX8 Certified, but i'm a little worry so i think i will try first with a cheaper phone to test.

I like that they don't guarantee the contents of the case, but will give you another one if the first fails. ;)

Don't try a cheaper phone. Test with a piece of paper instead (at depth for a sustained amount of time).

In my younger days I used real cameras like Nikon, Canon with matched pro level water proof case. I don't think I'd entrust anything on a 5.99 case! Only thing I wear in the water nowadays is G-shock watch. No problem with it in any depth I can manage.

I like that they don't guarantee the contents of the case, but will give you another one if the first fails. ;)

Don't try a cheaper phone. Test with a piece of paper instead (at depth for a sustained amount of time).
thank you very much, i tried before but i will try again at different depth ;)

In my younger days I used real cameras like Nikon, Canon with matched pro level water proof case. I don't think I'd entrust anything on a 5.99 case! Only thing I wear in the water nowadays is G-shock watch. No problem with it in any depth I can manage.

my case is useful if you have budget i will recommend it. but you should be careful if your item is expensive. i will try the case first and then decide whether to buy a professor one.:)

my case is useful if you have budget i will recommend it. but you should be careful if your item is expensive. i will try the case first and then decide whether to buy a professor one.:)

My point is that even a professional case is not to be trusted with your (only) expensive device you want to use underwater with. Waterproof is not forever. It is only for a certain time, at a certain place with certain devices and with certain handling too (of the device and the waterproof case). Hopefully, those all line up for every single time you want to use it underwater. :)

It all depends what you are up to. Scuba diving or snorkeling? Just diving or swimming. Good luck. Also some are rated as water resistant, some are real water proof.

My point is that even a professional case is not to be trusted with your (only) expensive device you want to use underwater with. Waterproof is not forever. It is only for a certain time, at a certain place with certain devices and with certain handling too (of the device and the waterproof case). Hopefully, those all line up for every single time you want to use it underwater. :)
ok, got it. thanks a lot.;)

hehe - before some health issues creeped in - I did dive - somehow I can't imagine something posting on twitter/facebook when they're 20-50 meters down...

Phones are getting better about being splashproof at least - the current crop of tier one smartphones is better about this - and having friends/family in Japan - waterproof phones are actually a big selling point...

Kyocera has a line of phones sold here in North America that have a reasonable amount of sealing around them...

tub or pool is ok...

when diving - distractions are deadly - leave it on the beach or the boat...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!