What's new

Wired Speeds Bottlenecked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nimkip

New Around Here
Hi all. I'm currently running Merlin's firmware version 378.52_2 on an AC87r, and have noticed that I can't achieve full speeds over Ethernet. When my PC is connected directly to the internet, I normally receive speeds around 950 mbps down and 940 up. When connected through the router, the best I can get down is 740, but upload speed is the normal 940. QoS is not enabled.

So far I've tried upgrading to 378.53 (but reverted due to other issues), and have done a factory reset. Neither helped unfortunately. I know for sure I have achieved full speeds in the past, and am not sure what could have changed. Does anyone have any suggestions I could try?

Thanks!

Reset your NVRAM to Default?

In the past, on N66U enabling QoS actually improved speed.
Have no clue if this is still valid for your device.

Pretty sure you're at the max of the router. It's due to the inbound traffic having to go through firewall filters.

If QOS is on and off, still no change, the you're at your max of the router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem with my RT-87u, full hw accel is broken for me in the last 2 firmwares (CTF(Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled.). NV RAM cleared and factory default, same problem in the latest ASUS default firmware. No QoS, no security settings active.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my RT-87u, full hw accel is broken for me in the last 2 firmwares (CTF(Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled.). NV RAM cleared and factory default, same problem in the latest ASUS default firmware. No QoS, no security settings active.

You must also disable STP for FA to be supported, under LAN -> Switch Control.