What's new

Wireless connectivity to network devices sporadic - ASUS RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cmptrdr

New Around Here
Had problems with a recent ASUS firmware upgrade that appeared to be corrupted. ASUS tech support couldn't help. Did some research and downloaded/installed latest version of AsusWRT-Merlin and it was working fine until today. I can't connect to my wireless printer, and the whole network goes down for short periods, then reconnects. I recently replaced my cable modem and now am running Netgear CM-1000. I don't know how to diagnose the problems I'm having, and suspect it may be hardware. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Had problems with a recent ASUS firmware upgrade that appeared to be corrupted. ASUS tech support couldn't help. Did some research and downloaded/installed latest version of AsusWRT-Merlin and it was working fine until today. I can't connect to my wireless printer, and the whole network goes down for short periods, then reconnects. I recently replaced my cable modem and now am running Netgear CM-1000. I don't know how to diagnose the problems I'm having, and suspect it may be hardware. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Did you do a reset to defaults after the flash from stock firmware?

No, I didn’t.
It's a must do. take screen shots of the important stuff. Reset and hand config to stable state. The important thing being to not import any saved settings into the new environment.

No, I didn’t.

Please see the link in my signature to get to the M&M Config that should get your router to a good/known state again. :)

Should I go back to the ASUS firmware or stay with the WRTMerlin?

Unless you have an insatiable need for the AiMesh feature, I would stick with RMerlin's firmware. :)

Completed the M&M configuration with RMerlin firmware yesterday. Everything seems to be working properly. I'll closely observe and see how things go, will return if I have more problems. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!