What's new

wireless reouter with more than 32 DHCP reservation/macfilter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

patri

New Around Here
wireless router with more than 32 DHCP reservation/macfilter

working from a SME environment, looking for a router to replace my ASUS RT-N56U as it is limited to 32 entries in DHCP reserved address and 32 address in the Mac Filter (Lan).

Any recommendation of good quality router, and if possible to avoid the like of Tomato & WRTs, that would have more than 32 entries for reserved address and Lan Mac filters?
I have looked at other ASUS, Dlink, lynksys... they all seem limited in that regard

and if not possible to avoid, what would be a good performance router/firmware? is the ASUS RT-N66U with Tomato Shibby a good solution?

TIA

Last edited:
If it's a Small to Medium Enterprise Environment (SME) - you probably want to go to a managed solution - that means Cisco/Aruba/Ruckus/Tropos/Xirrus/etc...

Putting one's paycheck on the line with a consumer grade access point (the Asus) and hacked firmware... not a good idea...

working from a SME environment, looking for a router to replace my ASUS RT-N56U as it is limited to 32 entries in DHCP reserved address and 32 address in the Mac Filter (Lan).

Any recommendation of good quality router, and if possible to avoid the like of Tomato & WRTs, that would have more than 32 entries for reserved address and Lan Mac filters?
I have looked at other ASUS, Dlink, lynksys... they all seem limited in that regard

and if not possible to avoid, what would be a good performance router/firmware? is the ASUS RT-N66U with Tomato Shibby a good solution?

TIA
Wondering why you need to use DHCP reservations? If some are PCs, you can simply set the PCs to static IP (coordinated assignments). Static IP outside the DHCP pool range.

I use Cradlepoint routers.. most all use the same firmware, and I don't see mention of a restriction on number of DHCP reservations (within reason).

Does anyone know how many DHCP reservation/MacFilter there is on the netgear such has R6300??

tia

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online