What's new

Wireless Router connect to wired LAN network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Almighty1

Regular Contributor
Greetings everyone:

I am basically trying to figure out how to get the following configuration working.

First I have a DSL Modem which acts as a bridge to the 75.x.x.x network, the LAN side is connected to a Cisco 10GiGE Catalyst managed switch on 100FDX Ethernet using CAT 6 cable.

The Cisco Catalyst 10GiGE managed switch routes both 75.x.x.x and 192.168.0.0/24 as I have the switch configured with the IP address of 192.168.0.100.

I then have a Netgear R7000 Wireless AC router which has a 75.x.x.x address on the WAN side and 192.168.2.1/24 on the LAN side with it handling 192.168.2.0/24 for wireless and wired clients on the LAN side of the router. I am currently using the XWRT port of ASUS-Merlin firmware for the R7000 and have used dd-wrt and OEM firmware in the past.

Now my question is, is there anyway I can get it working so 192.168.2.x clients can talk to 192.168.1.x/24. /24 just means the entire 0-255 or class C, netmask 255.255.255.0 for those who are not familiar with the terms.
It seems like one way to do it would be to give the Netgear R7000 a IP in 192.168.0.x/24 as a secondary IP on the WAN port but I am not sure how to do that exactly as I don't see a way to configure multiple IP addresses on either the LAN or WAN side. I have tried not doing anything and just physically connecting a CAT6 cable on the LAN side of the Netgear R7000 router to the Cisco 10GiGE Catalyst switch and basically what will happen is the Netgear R7000 will completely freeze up solid and the only way it will work again is the cable being disconnected. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!