What's new

Wont accept password

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kentek

New Around Here
I am setting up a AC68U for a client to be used as a WiFi extender. As I have 2 of the same routers I am very familiar with it set up and operation. Except for this one!
It will not login after the Merlin firmware update. I have reset 3X and same issue every time.
Is this one bricked or just bad?

Also, if anyone knows a way to get in a back door on this router sure would appreciate that info.

Ken

Make a factory reset with initialize, load firmware again, repeat these both steps, and once more factory reset at the end.
Could bring it back in life again.
Reset with holding WPS 5 sec. while powering on.
And you can try to load firmware with Asus restauration tool.

Last edited:
@kentek you may need to pay attention to the username and password you're using/setting up. Keep them both 16 characters (max) alphanumeric with no spaces, punctuation, special characters or smiley faces.

For now, try using the password you have set, but only enter the first 16 characters and hopefully, it will allow you in.

Otherwise, follow the M&M Config guide in my signature below and possibly even the Nuclear Reset guide too. Just more detailed steps of what @Grisu has already mentioned above, to get those routers back to a good/known state. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!