What's new

WoWL issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mathieu

Regular Contributor
Good afternoon
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Please be merciful...
Un grand merci to RMerlin for their work and to the the rest of the community for enlightening me on all them techie matters.
I currently run RMerlin build 376.049 on an Asus RT-AC87U and my home network is mainly comprised of Apple machines (OS X 10.10.2), with the odd Windows PC (windows 8) and a linux-based multimedia drive.
For the sake of me I am unable to wirelessly wake the macs once they have gone to sleep. I did try the Network Tools\Wake on LAN feature, to no avail. Macs' System Reports indicate that "Wake on Wireless" is supported.
Has anyone been faced with a similar problem? If so, did you manage to solve it, and how?
Many thanks to all good willing souls out there.

First off, I would suggest you upgrade the router to the latest version. Maybe even the latest 378.52 alpha version too, if you're feeling lucky.

Good luck with the apple snafu's. I hope others can provide good info for you on that aspect of your issues.

Thanks for the advice L&LD. Will upgrade now.
And I thought that snafu was only a band. Feeling Moody (and illiterate).[GRIN]

Hi there, this issue has been discussed before, and as far as i know this is not supported due to the fact that apple uses a proprietary wake on lan feature, something called bonjour proxy only supported by their airport routers.

Last edited:
Thank you faria, it worked!

You were right to suggest using the 2.4 gigs bandwith, as it seems to offer more diverse config options (including enabling WMM) than under the 5 GHz.
To sum it up, I did manage to wake wirelessly a local network mac without resorting to Apple's default solution (i.e. acquire one of their routers).
Again, thanks faria and L&LD for the hassle.
Cheers

Wow thats great. Thats big a news for apple users, I believe you my be the first that got it working.;) ps, no hassle, learning and passing it on.