What's new

Xbox as a DLNA server?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bronze

New Around Here
Hi,

The xbox has loads of gigs and I was wondering if I could load my music on it and have it run as a (DLNA) server? My PCs are usually off and the XBOX seems to start much quicker and it's "on" button is close to the preferred DLNA client, a ONKYO CS-N755.

If not by DLNA, the ONKYO has lots of inputs and I was wondering how to access music stored on the XBOX which is in close proximity. Any ideas?

Regards,

JL

There is a lot of support for XBOX as media box. What have you tried so far.

I have done some searching and all I found was XBOX being a DLNA client. Is there a XBOX DLNA server that comes warmly recommended?

XBOX would be a client and you would need either WHS (Windows Home Server) or NAS that support DLNA Server. Like NSA325 is what I use as DLNA Server with my 12x SONY Network Media Players support DLNA Clients, 2x BD Network Players and 2x MCE DVR with 4x HDHomeRun Tuners all on network.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!