What's new

Yet another question about VLANs (any HowTo recommended?)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The way this computer is set in the room, it sits very close the AX86S and it would be hard (let's say some furniture redesign) to move it. Rather I would buy a cheap smart-switch, but I don't intend.
I'm intrigued that such an basic task is so hard to set on these HND routers.

Also, in case you didn't notice in the other threads, you will likely need to disable hardware acceleration for the vlanctl filtering to work. That may impact your internet speed, so possibly another reason to go the smart switch route.

If you get it working with HW acceleration disabled, you can then re-enable it and see if it still works or not, but best to take it out of the equation while you're experimenting to eliminate the unknown.

Here is an old thread showing how to setup with cheap switch, screenshots, etc.
Yes, thank you, but this part I already solved with a smart switch. I have posted a comment above.

Because of location constraints, it would be a nice to have possibility to use physical Port4(eth1) of AX86S and associate it with VLAN501 (untagged).

Last edited:
It is a lot easier than that now, when you enable guest network 1 with access LAN disabled on 386 code base, it automatically sends both guest VLANs tagged out of all LAN ports, so any smart switch with VLAN support will automatically work as long as you match the VLAN IDs (501 and 502). OP is looking to do it directly from the router if possible to avoid putting another switch in the path unnecessarily, however that's probably going to end up being the easiest solution.
Is this 386 code only or does it include 388 as well?

Here is an old thread showing how to setup with cheap switch, screenshots, etc.

Not gonna hijack this thread and will reply to the thread I linked, but I just tested this and the devices don't appear to be separated from each other with those vlan settings.