What's new

YouTube time limit on nieces iPhone?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Billy1513

Occasional Visitor
I thought there was a way to limit the time on certain devices accessing certain thingslike YouTube but I can't find anything atm...i have an Ax88u running merlin 384.15.

AiProtection > Parental Controls > Time Scheduling

or

Guest Network > Access time

EDIT: or

Network Map > Clients > Client Status > [client] > Time Scheduling

What I mean is I want to put like an hour limit on YouTube so she's not glued to it all day... That section schedules enabling and disabling internet access

Last edited:
What I mean is I want to put like an hour limit on you tune... That section schedules enabling and disabling internet access

Ai Protection has never offered what you want and it's probably not possible with any service due to iOS restrictions.

Kaspersky Safe Kids https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/safe-kids works for Android and Windows but iPhones it can't do much :

Owing to restrictions with the operating system for iOS devices, it’s not possible to block children’s iPhones & iPads

Think DNSCrypt has the ability to block like that..but need to be manually edited and could be hard to set it to specific clients
##########################################
# Time access restrictions #
##########################################

## One or more weekly schedules can be defined here.
## Patterns in the name-based blocklist can optionally be followed with @schedule_name
## to apply the pattern 'schedule_name' only when it matches a time range of that schedule.
##
## For example, the following rule in a blacklist file:
## *.youtube.* @time-to-sleep
## would block access to YouTube only during the days, and period of the days
## define by the 'time-to-sleep' schedule.
##
## {after='21:00', before= '7:00'} matches 0:00-7:00 and 21:00-0:00
## {after= '9:00', before='18:00'} matches 9:00-18:00

[schedules]

# [schedules.'time-to-sleep']
# mon = [{after='21:00', before='7:00'}]
# tue = [{after='21:00', before='7:00'}]
# wed = [{after='21:00', before='7:00'}]
# thu = [{after='21:00', before='7:00'}]
# fri = [{after='23:00', before='7:00'}]
# sat = [{after='23:00', before='7:00'}]
# sun = [{after='21:00', before='7:00'}]
wiki

Like others have said Apple’s screen time will allow you to do what you want. You’ll have to get a hold of her phone though.