What's new

ZenWifi LED light?...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JamesM

Occasional Visitor
Hi folks,

I currently have the AX92U (2No in a mesh setup).
I've been having some issues recently, so I thought I'd order the ZenWifi AX set (waiting on delivery).

One aspect I like from the AX92U is the lights on the front, i particular the WAN light.
The reason being if the connection drops, this turns red.

I can see the ZenWifi has a single LED light.
Does this offer the same funcionality - if the WAN drops connection the LED turns red?
This has come from months of issues with my ISP, but I'm hopeful they now have the problems resolved.
(above mentioend AX92U issues aren't caused by my ISP issues)

I had a quick look online for a manual for the ZenWifi, but I could only find a quick guide that didn't go into any detail on the LED aspect.

Thanks in advance!

Yep, the LED should cover that. Per the Asus Router app on my phone, it has the following statuses.

Router:
White - Your ZenWifi AX is online and all is well
Blue - Your ZenWifi AX is ready for setup
Red - Your ZenWifi AX router has not internet connection​

Node:
Flashing White and Blue - Your node is syncing with the router
Red - Your node is disconnected from the router​

Yep, the LED should cover that. Per the Asus Router app on my phone, it has the following statuses.

Router:
Red - Your ZenWifi AX router has not internet connection​

Node:
Flashing White and Blue - Your node is syncing with the router
Red - Your node is disconnected from the router​

Thanks.. I saw this in the app after looking.
Only thing it doesn't mention is a green Led!

I have asked the people in the forum about the meaning of solid green LED but it seems that nobody knows!

I believe that green is displayed to indicate that the system is booting up. At least that’s the only time mine show as green.

I believe that green is displayed to indicate that the system is booting up. At least that’s the only time mine show as green.
I'm not sure; the solid Green LED stayed for about two hours on the Router unit only, while white on the other mesh unit. After these two hours, the LED on the Router also turned white!

That’s strange. I watched mine reboot yesterday and it blinks green while starting up, so I don’t know what a solid green LED would indicate. Glad it cleared up for you eventually.

Just found this thread - mine is currently green right now, while the internet appears to be working fine. However, I am unable to connect to the router with the Asus Router app or via a web browser.

So it appears to be working and online, but the LED may be indicating otherwise.

I take back my previous statement! Once I tried to browse away from this site, I was unable to get web pages to load.

I power cycled the router and it was green for a while, but turned white after about 3-4 minutes. Weird.

I have now realized that this thread was in the AX series section (I have the AC CT8 version. Anyway, looking through the online manuals, there doesn't seem to be any mention of the LED on the front at ALL, let alone what the green color indicates. The only LED mentioned is the WAN LED, and I am not sure that is the one (at least there is no mention of a color for the LED).

I have now realized that this thread was in the AX series section (I have the AC CT8 version. Anyway, looking through the online manuals, there doesn't seem to be any mention of the LED on the front at ALL, let alone what the green color indicates. The only LED mentioned is the WAN LED, and I am not sure that is the one (at least there is no mention of a color for the LED).
As someone mentioned in a previous post, the color code for the LED is listed in the mobile app although it doesn’t list green. Only time I have ever seen green is during boot up.

One thing worth pointing out for anyone considering buying this.
The node will not turn red when the router loses Internet connection.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!