What's new

Zyxel GS1900-10HP: Enable telnet?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snoms

New Around Here
Dear all,

it is common knowledge that you can enable telnet access on you GS1900 switches with firmware 2.0 as descibed on https://jantore.net/hardware/rooting-zyxel-gs1900/

My problem. I purchased a brand new GS1900-10HP switch with firmware 2.1. With the description on Jantore´s Homepage, telnet cannot be enabled on this switch. There´s no GUI which lets me enable telnet. Also I cannot install a firmware 2.0 on this device, as there´s no 2.0 Firmware available.

Therefore I ask you whether someone of you could enable telnet on a GS1900 with firmware 2.0 and exports the config. Perhaps there´s a kind of "telnet enable" within the config? Could you please post this part. The idea is to import a config on a GS1900 with firmware 2.1 and therefore make telnet working.
If not, does anyone know another way to enable CLI on the switch? I can see 4 PINs on the right side of the switch. So it could be a serial port? Did anyone know the PIN layout or already gained serial access to the switch?

Thanks
Regards
Michael

Dear all,
Also I cannot install a firmware 2.0 on this device, as there´s no 2.0 Firmware available.

you can find the older firmware here:

ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/GS1900-8HP/firmware/

I did an install today and it worked fine.