What's new

Zyxel NAS326 - Unable to access my NAS - Need Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sajjadhussaini

New Around Here
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this NAS servers setup and Access. I recently bought the Zyxel NAS326 after reading all the reviews online. Now my problem is I cannot access to my NAS-326 Media Server even after I followed the 3 level steps which was mentioned in the instructions.

Firstly I used the link http://findme.zyxel.com and I recognized the NAS-326, But when I want to access the admin page from the following link it shows some error and say's not reachable or cannot be reached to local IP of NAS I have set it to (192.168.0.100) from my Router (D'link DIR-615) Not sure how far my Dlink DIR-615 router supports my NAS-326.

I searched from google many websites including this forum to troubleshoot this problem, I came across with port forwarding and I added the local IP (192.168.0.100) in port-forwarding for both TCP & UDP as guided to 80, 8080, 8082, 2099, many more, etc.. when I tried again, even than it didn't work. Same error was shown.

UPNP under the setting was enabled, I tried by disabling that and again it failed.

Anyone who is expert on this, Please help me guide fix this issue and run my Zyxel NAS-326 in my home network.

Thank you soo much in advance.

Regards,
Sajjad

What is the DHCP scope of your router? Are they in the same segment?

The router doesn't need to 'support' the NAS in any way except to provide a networked connection to it.

What is the DHCP scope of your router? Are they in the same segment?

The router doesn't need to 'support' the NAS in any way except to provide a networked connection to it.

The Scope of Router is based on my understanding

192.168.0.100 - NAS-326 (reserved - To avoid errors)
192.168.0.101 - Android Phone
192.168.0.102 - Laptop

Below detail screenshot about my dlink DHCP settings

upload_2016-7-11_21-7-31.png

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this NAS servers setup and Access. I recently bought the Zyxel NAS326 after reading all the reviews online. Now my problem is I cannot access to my NAS-326 Media Server even after I followed the 3 level steps which was mentioned in the instructions.

Firstly I used the link http://findme.zyxel.com and I recognized the NAS-326, But when I want to access the admin page from the following link it shows some error and say's not reachable or cannot be reached to local IP of NAS I have set it to (192.168.0.100) from my Router (D'link DIR-615) Not sure how far my Dlink DIR-615 router supports my NAS-326.

I searched from google many websites including this forum to troubleshoot this problem, I came across with port forwarding and I added the local IP (192.168.0.100) in port-forwarding for both TCP & UDP as guided to 80, 8080, 8082, 2099, many more, etc.. when I tried again, even than it didn't work. Same error was shown.

UPNP under the setting was enabled, I tried by disabling that and again it failed.

Anyone who is expert on this, Please help me guide fix this issue and run my Zyxel NAS-326 in my home network.

Thank you soo much in advance.

Regards,
Sajjad

Tried default port no. like this? 192.168.0.100:[default port]

Tried default port no. like this? 192.168.0.100:[default port]

Yeah, I did the same like 192:168.0.100:8080 and few more. nothing works

I even pinged from CMD using Ping comment to 192.168.0.100. the ping response.

Even this startup utility is able to recognize the hardware and software details. I removed hdd and connect it showed as No HDD. see below details.

upload_2016-7-11_22-39-29.png

upload_2016-7-11_22-40-29.png

Yeah, I did the same like 192:168.0.100:8080 and few more. nothing works

I even pinged from CMD using Ping comment to 192.168.0.100. the ping response.

Even this startup utility is able to recognize the hardware and software details. I removed hdd and connect it showed as No HDD. see below details.

View attachment 6748

View attachment 6749
Silly question. Tried different cable?

In your network map, it seems to show the NAS shares, but it doesn't show the web gui icon?

Would the NetBIOS node type be better if it was changed to mixed mode in post 3?

Does the NAS have more than one LAN port you can try (along with trying a different cable, like TonyH suggests)?

Are you typing in the web address in post 5 (last image)?

Did you try running the 'Run Initialization Wizard' (with a HDD installed)?

If all else fails, I would suggest you reset your router to factory defaults, see if the NAS connects properly, and if not, reset the NAS to factory defaults too. (Do not use a backup config file to restore either unit).

If resetting both devices doesn't give a solution, then it may be time for an RMA of the NAS.

Is OP trying to go in from the WAN side?

Just asking - inside the LAN, it should be available...

In your network map, it seems to show the NAS shares, but it doesn't show the web gui icon?

Would the NetBIOS node type be better if it was changed to mixed mode in post 3?

Does the NAS have more than one LAN port you can try (along with trying a different cable, like TonyH suggests)?

Are you typing in the web address in post 5 (last image)?

Did you try running the 'Run Initialization Wizard' (with a HDD installed)?

If all else fails, I would suggest you reset your router to factory defaults, see if the NAS connects properly, and if not, reset the NAS to factory defaults too. (Do not use a backup config file to restore either unit).

If resetting both devices doesn't give a solution, then it may be time for an RMA of the NAS.

Thanks L&LD - I tried your solution and it worked. I fully reset the NAS and it started working all the links as well. thank you soo much for the help...

Also thanks to TonyH and sfx2000. Thanks for your contibution as well.. Now I am soo much happy

But, I have end up unfortunately in a very bad scenario. :(:(:(:(

I have 2TB Seagate HardDrive and it had lot of my personal staff including family videos and photoes (approx 4tb) and movies as well. Well, I don't care about movies I can download but it happen to have that I accidentally formatted the partition to Raid1 as I wasn't aware of this linux partition. I was using this seagate 2tb hardrive in NTFS partition one drive, now it looks I lost all the content of the data.

I have been trying to resolve this from past so many hours to recovery, not sure I could recover those videos and photos. Hell, I should have knew about this before. I would have backup all my contents. :confused::mad::(:(:(