Zyxel NSA325

Discussion in 'NAS Buying Advice' started by lucky420, Dec 3, 2012.

1. lucky420

lucky420 New Around Here

Hello,
    I am very new to all of this but have read many articles and post on this site.
    For financial reasons, I am considering buying the Zyxel NSA325. This is advertised as a "Media" server but was wondering will I be able to store my documents and other windows software applications on this as well and have the ability to access them and transfer as I wish? Thanks in advance for any help and I hope that everyone has a great Christmas Season.

Regards,

Lucky

2. Log in / Register to remove this ad

3. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

4. stevech

stevech Part of the Furniture

I'd say that "media serving" means there's a DLNA server and perhaps something compatible with Apple.

5. stevech

stevech Part of the Furniture

Take a hard look at the similarly priced Synology DS212J.
    The on-line demos might help.

6. tipstir

tipstir Very Senior Member

I can't speak for the rest here comments but I own this model and use all it's features except the FTP and BT features. I run the printer server on a DELL 1260c Color Business laser no issues. Web Server, no issues. I even stream MCE DVR 1080i recordings from HDHomeRun Dual (well there are 2x on the network) via NSA325 no issues with the 1.6GHz. I store all my PDF, Office Docs, Xls etc.. no issues pulling up the Access Database either. This NSA325 is on 24/7 it turns off when not in use. (Sleeps) Media Server features works very well. I recommend it!