What's new

10Gb network card

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anotherengineer

Good day

I’m looking at 10Gb network cards. They are all about same price $130 Cad. I’m guessing they are all the same Marvel Aquantina chips??
Got Asus and tplink and trendnet. All have 1 yr warranty. Just wondering if it matters which one? Not sure how good they handle warranty or customer service?

TP-LINK TX401.
Warranty: 2 years.
Customer Service: Don't expect any good customer service from Asus and tplink. They are horrible.
Do you use it?: Yes. Thiggins is using it too.
Why TX401?
You can upgrade it with Marvel's official firmware and driver without any issue. Other vendor's cards may have a problem with Marvel's official firmware and driver, especially ASUS. I had ASUS's card.:mad:
Amazon $99.99.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D71PVXG/?tag=snbforums-20

Wow thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated!

In Canada, but thanks for the reminder to tag snb also though.

Interesting

3 yr warranty
I think TX401 is better for you.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08D71PVXG/?tag=smallncom-20
You know how PCIe slots work right? It depends on your motherboard.
This card is PCIe 3.0 x4. It works with X16 slot too, but 1st X16 slot will work as X8(no problem) or X4(problem). So check your motherboard first. You can use this card if your motherboard has PCIe x1(opened only, normal x1 slot is not opened), but it only works up to 2.5gb.

Last edited:
When it comes to network cards, only one choice for me: Intel. I recently changed the motherboard from my office PC. The old one had a realtek 1Gbps onboard, the new one has an Intel 1Gbps and the difference in performance is significant. Also in terms of compatibility. I have an X550-T2 (Silicom brand) in my pfsense router which works flawless and does 2.5 / 5 / 10Gbe. I know they are a bit more pricey but totally worth it and never any hassle.

When it comes to network cards, only one choice for me: Intel. I recently changed the motherboard from my office PC. The old one had a realtek 1Gbps onboard, the new one has an Intel 1Gbps and the difference in performance is significant. Also in terms of compatibility. I have an X550-T2 (Silicom brand) in my pfsense router which works flawless and does 2.5 / 5 / 10Gbe. I know they are a bit more pricey but totally worth it and never any hassle.
The problem is the 2.5Gb Intel 225 chip on the motherboard.

seems the 226 suffers the same issue

I think TX401 is better for you.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08D71PVXG/?tag=smallncom-20
You know how PCIe slots work right? It depends on your motherboard.
This card is PCIe 3.0 x4. It works with X16 slot too, but 1st X16 slot will work as X8(no problem) or X4(problem). So check your motherboard first. You can use this card if your motherboard has PCIe x1(opened only, normal x1 slot is not opened), but it only works up to 2.5gb.
Yep. Mobo has a 16x slot wired at 4x and spare pcie lanes for it. X570s mobo

The problem is the 2.5Gb Intel 225 chip on the motherboard.

seems the 226 suffers the same issue

Not sure you understood my point or maybe i wasn't clear enough. The performance of the Intel onboard network controller (i210) is much better than the Realtek was.

Last edited:
Not sure you understood my point or maybe i wasn't clear enough. The performance of the Intel onboard network controller (i210) is much better than the Realtek was.
i210 is stable chipset. It's good. i210-T1 is great too.

Ya understood. My fault for lack of info on my side. My current motherboard (personal home pc) has 2.5Gb Intel 225v rev.1. I do have an old Intel 1000CT desktop card I could put in there. The 10Gb cards I listed are Marvel chips.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!