What's new

179 WLCEVENTD entries in one second

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sbsnb

Very Senior Member
Today I saw this for the first time:

Code:
Dec 30 14:05:17 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth2: Deauth_ind DE:AD:BE:EF:CA:FE, status: 0, reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station (6)

Repeated 179 times in the same second. It happened when my PC woke from sleep and was preceeded by:
Code:
Dec 30 14:05:08 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth2: Auth DE:AD:BE:EF:CA:FE, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Dec 30 14:05:08 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth2: Assoc DE:AD:BE:EF:CA:FE, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

Known issue Asus has to fix this. At least so far they have not and may not even know they left debugging on.

I've seen the WLCEVENTD messages for ages (I actually like them). What I've never seen before is 179 log entries per second triggered by one single host connecting.

You can change the setting "Log only messages more urgent than" to "notice". That will suppress this messages.

I would like to see them, just not 179 of them when a client connects.

But this is a new thing today. I've never seen it before despite thousands of device authorization/association events over the last months. Clearly there is something which isn't a common set of circumstances which triggers it. I'm looking to root out those circumstances.

Clearly there is something which isn't a common set of circumstances which triggers it. I'm looking to root out those circumstances.
As are the scores of other posts all reporting the same thing. So far no one's worked it out.

Huh. I didn't see one reporting hundreds of entries for one client connection. I'll look some more. Maybe I overlooked it.

Huh. I didn't see one reporting hundreds of entries for one client connection. I'll look some more. Maybe I overlooked it.
Write it off to your machine being in a funky state coming out of sleep mode.

The real problem isn't that you get 170+ log entries about client connecting, is that the fact that this client is trying real hard to talk to an AP it wasn't authenticated with. I would check for updated wireless drivers for your PC.

It did AUTH 9 seconds before that flood of messages.