What's new

2 clients are connecting...

• Thread starter Deleted member 76260
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 76260

Anyone any idea what this means?
I've never saw before yesterday. Not using my phone as a hotspot or anything like that.
Just curious.

Using Merlin 386.7

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-07 164700.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-07 164700.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    255.1 KB · Views: 113
Would Instant Guard be anything to do with it? i have that installed on my phone.

Would Instant Guard be anything to do with it? i have that installed on my phone.
Are you connected to Instaguard while also on the Wifi locally? That might create a double connection but the Instaguard I think would have a different IP since I believe it connects via a VPN.

Are you connected to Instaguard while also on the Wifi locally? That might create a double connection but the Instaguard I think would have a different IP since I believe it connects via a VPN.
No. I have Instant Guard turned off. If it's on at all it's usually when I'm at work and off wi-fi.

Do you have any sort of range extender or multiple AP's on your network? Or just the main router?
Could also just be an old DHCP lease the router is still hanging onto but meanwhile the device got a new IP somehow so the router thinks it is connected twice.

This particular one looks like a mobile phone causing these multiple connections. I've seen it happen before. Could be some VM process that spawns another IP address locally on the phone to perform another function. I've also seen this happen on a Windows PC that was trying to create random mac addresses when it connected, and had 3 connections trying to come through the same connection. I've not been able to prevent this from happening, and had to give in on this behavior. Here's an old thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/2-clients-are-connecting-to-rt-ac87u-through-this-device.35934/

Do you have any sort of range extender or multiple AP's on your network? Or just the main router?
Could also just be an old DHCP lease the router is still hanging onto but meanwhile the device got a new IP somehow so the router thinks it is connected twice.
Now that you mention it, I did recently attach my old TP-LINK Archer VR900 (via cable) to give my wifi a bit of a boost down the hall.
That seems to be working ok, and it's showing up as a wired connection in the router but since this never happened prior to attaching it you're probably correct.
Cheers

This particular one looks like a mobile phone causing these multiple connections. I've seen it happen before. Could be some VM process that spawns another IP address locally on the phone to perform another function. I've also seen this happen on a Windows PC that was trying to create random mac addresses when it connected, and had 3 connections trying to come through the same connection. I've not been able to prevent this from happening, and had to give in on this behavior. Here's an old thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/2-clients-are-connecting-to-rt-ac87u-through-this-device.35934/
Thanks for the link.
Glad it's not just me :)

Now that you mention it, I did recently attach my old TP-LINK Archer VR900 (via cable) to give my wifi a bit of a boost down the hall.
If its not the phone itself as mentioned it is probably the range extender causing it. I used to see this sometimes when I was using one years ago with an AC56U which is why I asked about it.

If its not the phone itself as mentioned it is probably the range extender causing it. I used to see this sometimes when I was using one years ago with an AC56U which is why I asked about it.
It was happening to me with client directly connecting to the router itself... no range extenders necessary. It's a maddening ASUS-related issue. ;)