1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

2 DDNS addresses with Asus RT-AC680u router?

Discussion in 'Other LAN and WAN' started by Kelly, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Kelly

Kelly New Around Here

Hi I have the above mentioned router and I have 2 DDNS addresses I want to use to hit my network remotely. 1 is a shared NAS and the other is my security system DVR. with this router, I only see the option to have 1. Is there a way to add another?

all of my other routers I've had allowed for this

thanks

kelly

2. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

Do you mean the RT-AC68U?

Why can't you use a single DDNS to access anything on your network behind your router?

I haven't seen any router that can do two DDNS addresses for a single WAN connection?

3. Kelly

Kelly New Around Here

Yes. I had a typo with the “0”

I have 1 ddns with noip.com for 1 Nas that is shared with a group of people but I can’t seem to access my second noip.com address because the setting in the router has me specify the address. My old surfboard router let me configure both but I can’t with this one

4. faria

faria Regular Contributor

You can add as many ddns you want to the router with scripts scripts .
    Currently i have 3 ddns running from the same router.#
    1 default asus ddns via GUI
    2 dyndns via script to update with vpn client ip.
    3 backup ddns via script as the asus one tends to fail from time to time.

here is a custom scrip for no ip https://github.com/Meliox/Utils/blob/master/ddns-start/ddns-start
    also if im not mistaking you can use dnsomatic supported by the firmware to update more than one ddns.

5. Kelly

Kelly New Around Here

You rock! thanks so much

faria likes this.