What's new

2 DDNS addresses with Asus RT-AC680u router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kelly

New Around Here
Hi I have the above mentioned router and I have 2 DDNS addresses I want to use to hit my network remotely. 1 is a shared NAS and the other is my security system DVR. with this router, I only see the option to have 1. Is there a way to add another?

all of my other routers I've had allowed for this

thanks

kelly

Hi I have the above mentioned router and I have 2 DDNS addresses I want to use to hit my network remotely. 1 is a shared NAS and the other is my security system DVR. with this router, I only see the option to have 1. Is there a way to add another?

all of my other routers I've had allowed for this

thanks

kelly

Do you mean the RT-AC68U?

Why can't you use a single DDNS to access anything on your network behind your router?

I haven't seen any router that can do two DDNS addresses for a single WAN connection?

Yes. I had a typo with the “0”

I have 1 ddns with noip.com for 1 Nas that is shared with a group of people but I can’t seem to access my second noip.com address because the setting in the router has me specify the address. My old surfboard router let me configure both but I can’t with this one

You can add as many ddns you want to the router with scripts scripts .
Currently i have 3 ddns running from the same router.#
1 default asus ddns via GUI
2 dyndns via script to update with vpn client ip.
3 backup ddns via script as the asus one tends to fail from time to time.

here is a custom scrip for no ip https://github.com/Meliox/Utils/blob/master/ddns-start/ddns-start
also if im not mistaking you can use dnsomatic supported by the firmware to update more than one ddns.