1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

2 Hr Logs

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by TonyK132, May 16, 2019.

1. TonyK132

TonyK132 Regular Contributor

I did a reboot yesterday, and now I only have about 2 hrs of System Logs in the GUI. It is possible I need to do a full-up reset from factory defaults to fix this, but is there something I can do in the mean time to get the logs working correctly? BTW, after the reboot, I found that ntpMerlin did not start (and yes, it is in the services-start file), and that my swap file was not being accessed. So I did a manual restart of ntpMerlin, and did a delete and create new swap file using amtm. That seems to have fixed those 2 problems, but maybe all those issues are related?

Update: I still only have 2 hrs worth of logs. Here is a snapshot of my jffs dir. What is causing the -1 file to only be that size?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  2. TonyK132

TonyK132 Regular Contributor

In case anyone is listening, Skynet just did an auto-update last night, and now the logs are working normally, with > 2 hrs being displayed in the System Log screen. So, do I need to manually need to restart Skynet after every boot to ensure the logs work right? Or, should I install Scribe, which may also solve the problem because of its handling of Log files?