What's new

2 linked routers with 3G failover

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

METEMEDO

New Around Here
Hello everyone, I'm new here.

I have a Linksys router and a TP-Link 3G router capable of using the WAN connection with failover to 3G.
Now, I'm trying to use the Linksys one as the main router (serving DHCP and providing the port forwarding as well as providing wireless connectivity) and the TP-Link 3G router as the gateway to the internet.

I don't really know how to accomplish this. I've tried to give the main router a static route 0.0.0.0 -> 10.0.0.253 but it doesn't allow all 0's.

For this to work, I think I just need the Linksys to use the .253 as the default gateway, right?

Attachments

• Rede Screen-In.jpg
    Rede Screen-In.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 431
I'd setup the LInksys as an access point and let the sole DHCP server be on the actual router.
Rather than using two subnets and double-NAT which is hard to admin.

Well, I could, but what fun is that? Also, my Linksys router is a lot better and a lot more stable, so I would really like to make it the center of the network. The other router would be just taking care of WAN/3G.