What's new

2 routers IPTV and wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sandikan

New Around Here
Hi....my problem is...2 routers on same network but when I plug in on second router IPTV my wifi doesnt work on second router and also cant access that router....any ideas how to setup IP or what should I do....basicaly the first router is set default and conected to optic modem

More info needed.

How do you want to use them? Dual NAT? Independent subnets? How are they connected to each other (lan or wan ports)?

If both default to 5he same IP address, setup 1, then change the IP to setup the 2nd, or connect directly from your PC and change it so that they have unique addresses.

More info needed.

How do you want to use them? Dual NAT? Independent subnets? How are they connected to each other (lan or wan ports)?

If both default to 5he same IP address, setup 1, then change the IP to setup the 2nd, or connect directly from your PC and change it so that they have unique addresses.
Hi...yes they are conected lan-lan and first router has 192.168.1.254 and second has 192.168.1.1....also tried .2.1...and 1.254
About network they can be in same network or subnetwork I dont care just to make them work

If they are connected LAN to LAN then the second router is an AP. Turn DHCP OFF on the second router (first router will assign IPs to all devices connected to your LAN) and set the radios to use different radio channels than the first router. You can use the same SSID on both routers but using different SSIDs makes it easier to determine which router a device is connecting to.

What do you need the 2 routers to do?
Hi....so 1 router is downstairs for TV and wifi than I have one cable going upstairs where I would like to have TV and wifi network...the problem is if I use only wifi upstairs than all is ok....but when I connect IPTV box to router than TV works but cant have wifi upstairs.. downstairs all works ok...I cant figure out what I do wrong....1x Zyxel DX3101 is main router conected to modem ...........and upstairs I have Lynksys wrt54gl(I also have Tehnicolor TG788ivn which was 3 years ago the main router and only router....)...I cant figure out how to doit(I am using Lynksys because has more options but stil cant make it work.....Please help me with ideas or what should I do....

Try what I suggested turn off DHCP on second router then reboot both routers. Then using an Ethernet connected device run IPCONFIG when connected to the first router. Power cylce the the device and redo IPCONfiG when connected to second router and it should be in the same subnet.

You may also have to power cycle all the devices connecting to the second router to be sure they are pulling their IP from the first router.

If you need more help look for the how to on this site about repurposing a router as an AP.