What's new

2 vpn clients, 3 computers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MidKnight

Occasional Visitor
I've read some posts around here on the subject, but haven't really found one that's giving a definite answer.

Scenario...

AC88U (FW 384.7)

3 computers
2 VPN clients connected

PC1 - wan
PC2 - VPN1
PC3 - VPN2

Can this be done, as I've tried setting the policy rules, but when there's 2 vpns connected, all the PC's end up going through either 1 of the vpn clients

Yes, as long both VPN tunnels are on a different IP subnet (so they won't conflict).

I've set different nordvpn servers on each vpn client
But do they use different ports? If not then it won't work to use two servers.

But do they use different ports? If not then it won't work to use two servers.

yep ive changed 1 to tcp, the other udp, which i think is working ok now. but twice today, ive lost inet connection on the pc's, even though the clients are connected, and a restart of the client is the only way to get the pcs back online. so ill need to look into this one a little further.

yep ive changed 1 to tcp, the other udp, which i think is working ok now. but twice today, ive lost inet connection on the pc's, even though the clients are connected, and a restart of the client is the only way to get the pcs back online. so ill need to look into this one a little further.

I have never tried changing protocols and trying to run two servers using the same port. When you connect to a VPN server you usually need to match; port, protocol, encryption, auth hash, root CA, CRL.

Many VPN providers only offer one option. PIA has eleven port options but for each port you need to match all of the above options to get a connection. Not all of the eleven choices are fully supported when using Merlin.