What's new

$20 for the R8000P over R8000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ShawnTRD

Regular Contributor
My friend just bought the R8000 for $224.99 but could have got the R8000P for $243.99
He's not very techy. He need just reliability and range. Should I have him return the R8000 for the R8000P?

My opinion is yes. The "P" variant newer CPU, faster, etc. Radios might be the same but the engine is next gen.....

Today on Amazon the price difference is more than this. They are dumping the non "P" version.

Folks will always say "you won't notice the...."

Which is probably true.

However I will always go with or wait till I can afford the more powerful CPU. Its not 1 ghz as compared to 1.2ghz. Its almost twice as fast. 1 compared to 1.8. Wish the "P" was quad core too.

I tried the quad core tri band TPLink. It was flakey. Most of the other quad cores are AX.

Last edited:
Yeah he's running the R8000 right now without any problems. I see now Best Buy has the R8000 for $200 and the P for $300.

There's an argument to be made that at the non "P" price point its an incredible value if you compare it to other routers at its sale price point. Same price to same price router group its a steal. If comparing it to the "P" version, I'm not comfortable knowing sales are coming and could get the "P" for discount.

I have the "P" version on my Amazon watch list....... Its already dropped 45 dollars.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!